- New service makes it easy for organisations to deploy and manage centralised biometric authentication
- Fujitsu’s biometric security solutions portfolio supports multimodal biometric authentication through mobile devices
- Fujitsu signs agreement to partner with ImageWare Systems (OTCQB:IWSY) following collaboration in Europe and North America.
Sydney, January 31, 2018 –Fujitsu today announces the availability of its cloud-based, multimodal Biometrics as a Service platform in Australia. The unique solution, which allows organisations to conveniently deploy biometric authentication for protection against increasingly complex security risks, is the result of Fujitsu’s partnership with ImageWare Systems1 .
The Fujitsu multimodal Biometrics-as-a-Service offering enables fast deployment of biometric authentication via a range of methods depending on an organisation’s unique security requirements. Organisations can easily deploy authentication using voice, face, and palm printing images on customers’ smartphones with a low cost, and low risk.
Multimodal biometric systems are best suited to applications where high accuracy and security is required because they need two biometric credentials for positive identification instead of one in a unimodal system. A multimodal biometric also gives the user a choice of their preferred biometric for their convenience.
As enterprises continually seek and adopt faster, more efficient business approaches, security becomes even more critical. When working in multi-device and location-independent environments, secure centralised authentication is becoming essential for conducting everyday business transactions. Fujitsu’s Biometrics-as-a-Service offering fulfils this need across enterprise environments as well as mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and notebooks.
Multimodal Biometrics-as-a-Service is a massively scalable, globally available solution that can quickly assist organisations with determining a ‘true’ identity in the first instance via identification or verifying against a known entity. By leveraging a centralised architecture, the solution allows new biometric information to be checked against an organisation’s existing biometrics databases to reduce fraud, something that is not possible with match-on-device solutions like the type found in smartphones. Organisations leveraging Single Sign On (SSO) and remote access solutions can now easily enhance security for all users with this flexible multi-factor authentication service.
“For Australian enterprises, protecting data and implementing access control is more important than ever. Through this agreement with ImageWare Systems, our customers gain access to an enhanced portfolio of biometric security solutions that reduce the barriers to deploying highly secure biometric authentication. Delivering biometric authentication as a service opens up many new use cases and reduces the complexity usually associated with security measures,” said Mike Foster, Chief Executive Officer, Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand.
Jim Miller, Chairman and CEO of ImageWare Systems, adds: “Biometrics are not only the most secure form of authentication, but are also the easiest to use – as each user is his or her own password. By taking advantage of our powerful biometrics solutions delivered via Fujitsu’s cloud-based security as a service, many more businesses can easily enhance their security. This agreement further extends our marketing and sales activities with Fujitsu to new regions en route to a truly global offering. Fujitsu’s global capability extends the reach of ImageWare’s patented, multimodal biometric technology as a core element of Fujitsu’s cyber security portfolio across the globe.”
1. About ImageWare Systems, Inc. ImageWare Systems, Inc (OTCQB:IWSY) is a leading developer of mobile and cloud-based identity management solutions, providing patented biometric authentication solutions for the enterprise. The company delivers next-generation biometrics as an interactive and scalable cloud-based solution. ImageWare brings together cloud and mobile technology to offer multi-factor authentication for smartphone users, for the enterprise, and across industries. ImageWare’s products support multi-modal biometric authentication including, but not limited to, face, voice, fingerprint, iris, palm, and more. All the biometrics can be combined with or used as replacements for authentication and access control tools, including tokens, digital certificates, passwords, and PINS, to provide the ultimate level of assurance, accountability, and ease of use for corporate networks, web applications, mobile devices, and PC desktop environments. ImageWare is headquartered in San Diego, California, with offices in Portland, Oregon, Ottawa, Ontario, and Mexico City, Mexico.
- Further information about the Biometrics-as-a-Service Solution: http://www.fujitsu.com/au/solutions/business-technology/security/security-services/
- Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.au.fujitsu.com
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FujitsuAU
- Find Fujitsu on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu-australia-limited
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FujitsuAustraliaNewZealand
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://www.fujitsu.com/au/about/resources/news/
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 155,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$40 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand is a leading service provider of business, information technology and communications solutions. We partner with our customers to consult, design, build, operate and support business solutions. From strategic consulting to application and infrastructure solutions and services, Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand have earned a reputation as the single supplier of choice for leading corporate and government organisations. Fujitsu Australia Limited and Fujitsu New Zealand Limited are wholly owned subsidiaries of Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702). See www.fujitsu.com.au.
Marketing Programs and Communications Manager
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand
Phone: +61 2 9113 9346
Mobile: +61 409 953 349
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 31 January, 2018